Message Title: GODLINESS: GATEWAY TO GREATNESS. Pt. 3.
By: Pastor Richard Oiwo (Associate Pastor 1, LFC Ekpan).
As a child of God, you have been positioned for greatness, because greatness is our heritage in redemption Lk. 1:30-32. However, for that greatness to manifest, you must depart from every sin and iniquity Gen. 12:1. The fear of God is the highway to the greatness that is assured in salvation. The fear of God means to depart from every sinful habits and activities Job 1:1-3.
Godliness is also the gateway to revelation and revelation gives one the ability to scale new heights in life. If you can do away with sin, revelation from God comes easily and God will be directing you on what to do in all thins Psa. 25:14. The secrets to success in this world is with God and He shows it to only those that are dependent on Him. Note that to succeed in life does not just involve knowing what it takes, but also knowing enough of it.
We must note that there are some forces that are resisting a believer from living a Godly life and we shall examine some of these forces below:
SOME FORCES OF UNGODLINESS
- The spirit of whoredom Hos. 5:1-5. 1 Cor. 6:18. The spirit of whoredom is the spirit of fornication and adultery 1 Thess. 4:3. This spirit constantly craves filthiness and spiritual and physical sexual immorality. Young men and women that engage in sexual activities with random partners that they are not married to are under the influence of this spirit. The good news is that Jesus has given power to cast the spirit out Matt. 10:1.
- The spirit of pride 1 Chr. Pride is an undue assessment of one’s own position. It is the opposite of humility. It is a rebellion against God because it attributes to oneself the honour and glory due to God alone. A proud person does not seek for forgiveness or take instruction/correction from anyone, even those superior in position 1 Pet. 5:5.
HOW TO OVERCOME UNGODLINESS
- Engage the spirit of love to overcome the spirit of the world 2 Tim. 1:6-7. The spirit of the world is responsible for the sinful nature of the people. This makes people to be under the spirit of the love of the flesh and the pride of life.
- Lay aside every sin Heb. 12:1. We must carry the consciousness that we have been redeemed to sit in heavenly places
- Engage the name of Jesus in the battle against sin Prov. 18:10. Nothing can stand against the name of Jesus and whenever you call upon Him, He responds.
- Engage in continuous spiritual exercise Acts 24:16. Always pray, fast and use the mystery instruments
- Pray for the spiritual baptism of the spirit of obedience Ezek. 36:37. Obedience to God at all times is the pathway to greatness in life. Obedience to God means following all the commandments of God in scripture.
BENEFITS OF GODLINESS
- It enhances the flow of revelation Psa. 25:14.
- It engenders peace, quietness and assurance Isa. 32:17-18.
- It empowers for all-round exploits Job 1:1-3.
The greatest blessing though is when you accept Jesus as your Lord and savior and be assured of greatness on earth and in heaven and the salvation of your soul (1 Tim. 2:4).
*SHARE THIS MESSAGE TO BLESS YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES.
** THE COMPLETE VERSION OF THIS MESSAGE IN CD/MP3 AND DVD FORMAT IS AVAILABLE AT THE DOMINION BOOKSHOP (DBS), LFC, EKPAN.